Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Make Sense

I've often been a little troubled in my life.
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Make Sense
2/8/11

Every person views a different world,
feels emotions unique unto themselves
in varying magnitude, for different reasons,
and thoughts contemplated are diverse,
there is no one who can follow
or fit any mold our living might depict,
each of us alone on singular journey
though we may walk side by side
along similar path of understanding,
agreeing life plays out in patterned ways
with myriad systems to contemplate Mystery,
using filters that activate comfort, discomfort,
opening us for lessons, inspiration, wisdom,
again particular to personal place in time,
yet, I must shamefully confess
through my life and most recently responding
on blog where a dying man is writing his experiences,
bravely, without censor or apology
for how he's lived and who he is,
I arrogantly, minus sensitive forethought,
throw out my 'two cents' as if it mattered,
thinking I 'know something', have an exalted view
from my 'fragile glass house' on ridge top,
when in reality it reveals I'm a fool,
full of bravado, crap, just playing with concepts
to 'make sense' so I feel safely in control.

No comments: