Friday, February 18, 2011

Reorient

Mid ride on Big Dipper at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.

Reorient
2/17/11

It takes me time to readjust
after reading 'tea leaves' of 'what is'
reluctantly imbibing the antidote for lethargy,
apathy, that hangs on my limbs
like rotten fruit having evaded harvest,
when dreams, aspirations, miss their mark,
especially if they were mind altering big
where huge transformation would have ensued
effecting every territory in my life,
as an Aquarian this has often happened,
denying 'reality's' parameters for 'fantasy'
until bold writing is on the wall,
then it's back to my drawing board
taking stock of all I have neglected
once spell to illusions are broken,
though leaving love still worthy of belief,
risk, unwilling to think otherwise
being sentimental romantic fool like that,
often initial sadness turns to odd relief
when realizing how unprepared I was
for monumental shift if it materialized,
while again picking up pieces of Self,
seeing tendency to skirt basic truths
around what living demands at my age,
in this world, of ever changing circumstances,
asking me to reorient, restructure, constantly.

No comments: