Thursday, February 26, 2009

Flower outside Melba's house

Fear and Longing
2/25/09

Security is really an illusion of sorts
though a feeling I've experienced at times
when it comes to work and finances
but more on the opposite end of spectrum
and in this economic upheaval, more so,
then there are emotions in relationship
as they churn in me, disrupt calm,
the peace I cultivate when alone,
able to keep my life manageable,
somewhat, even as discontent simmers
underneath the facade of, "I'm cool."
"I've got my act together." "I'm successful."
but a small or large occurrence can effect,
ignite a pool of inner worth questions
about what I'm doing here and now,
in every territory of my life it seems,
which usually brings vitality to a crawl
messing with how I think and process
becoming overly sensitive, judgmental,
needing to spill angst into this book
find some minor way to turn the tide
by being, doing, changing surroundings,
to witness I still have creative power, 
claiming again my unique 'self-authorship'
no matter when fear and longing erupt.

No comments: