Sunday, March 14, 2010

Kindred

Bonnie, the wanderer, and my 'Little Wing' girl.

Kindred
3/13/10

As I grow older,
become more refined 'me'
knowing my inner workings
of what's really important
on core structural level,
even though it contrasts
societal norms, common sense,
in immediate economic climate,
I meet familiar people,
young and old alike,
who reinforce my thinking,
are pushing edges also,
against the status quo
that creates such suffering
through it's careless disregard
wanting to maintain power
plus position in world,
and I understand that,
people abhor losing ground
after having worked hard
attaining some material fruits,
their sense of security,
for themselves, family, community,
yet it's all fragile
can be lost quickly
due to health, catastrophe,
those unforeseen future turns
which remind great worth
of befriending kindred spirits.

No comments: