Sunday, October 31, 2010

Being Man

Baptized by the waters of life in Monterey Bay.
Santa Cruz, California
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Being Man
10/30/10

A key has turned inside
to long buried treasure chest
holding sacred scrolls of transformation,
it has taken a lifetime
of digging through doubts, fears,
desires to be fully accepted,
heralded, for my unique characteristics
while society, peer pressure, shaped
creating less than authentic me,
and it's been selfish unraveling
that's revealed 'robes of distortion',
personas, my judgmental perfectionist tendency,
thoughts 'I am an island.',
many layers hiding heart, soul,
believing such until broken asunder
because my spirit refuses defeat,
will not die until expressed
in it's totality this lifespan,
finally joining great ancestral lineage
serving magnificently while being man.

No comments: