Saturday, October 2, 2010

Community People

Scottish birthday celebration in Pennyghael Community Hall.
Isle of Mull, Scotland

Community People
9/30/10

Last night walking Seabright Beach
'Wing' dog leading the way
I realized my immediate family
and ancestral lineage as gregarious
outgoing lovers of humanity, life,
involved in team sports, organizations,
like Dad's 'Knights of Columbus'
my Grandpa Rudy's 'Lion's Club'
Mom's volunteering in 'Grey Bears'
child rearing siblings' school participation
brother Keith's softball, volleyball groups,
where I looked at myself
becoming amazed by the 'circles'
calling me 'member' over time
while learning, growing, then leaving,
moving onto next waiting collective
that was aligned with interests
never really leaving the previous
when remembering enlivened community people.

No comments: