Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Part

Irish storyteller relating a 'participatory' tale during 'First Peace Launch'.
Land of Shining Stones, Abiquiu, New Mexico

My Part
11/4/10

It's not just up to me
how life plays out in world
so many other characters join story
creating all manner of societal structure
supplying food, fuel, energy, economy, work,
and there's Mother Nature's nurturing ways
weaving earth, wind, fire, and water
into all forms of diverse Existence
as model depicting our interconnected web,
yet I remember days gone by
that like Confirmation namesake 'Saint Christopher'
I've felt weight of world's suffering
trying to make sense of madness
thinking someone needs to stand up,
sacrifice, take one for the team,
only to find myself totally overwhelmed,
finally realizing peace begins right here,
inside, with love, then moves out
while doing my part within relationships.

No comments: