Friday, July 22, 2011

Catch Up

Brother Keith, niece Adrienne, river guide, friend Zeke, and me on Tuolumne River, Calif.

Catch Up
7/21/11

Personal priorities take precedence these days,
not work for money, radio station,
business in general that needs attention,
becoming 'secondary' when friends come visit
only to wait for 'primary' slot
after welcome distraction from duty departs
leaving me to collect myself again,
make lists, remember those over due commitments
to create questionnaire, write blog
entry as 'Program Review Committee' member,
start making calls to organize projects
while peering timeline for other events,
retrieving past, imagining future, though present
for next action that wants expression,
it's like I've traveled side tributary
of river headed toward grand destination
that my soul is purposefully riding
and physical container now lags behind,
fortunately I orchestrate the daily schedule
being own boss as self-employed builder
plus architect of the living design
which is artful story I write,
full of twists, turns, unexpected occurrences,
kachinas, disrupting loosely planned flexible trajectory,
realizing dreams ask for follow through
demanding I catch up with timing.

No comments: