Friday, July 8, 2011

Letting It Out

Either I'm trying to communicate something or I'm dancing the 'hula'.
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Letting It Out
7/7/11

Something has shifted inside me
from work done with healer
around early wounding in childhood
that became distrust of feminine
not to be made mad,
or disappointed by telling truth
about gurgling fear in stomach,
while constantly monitoring emotional tension
and safety within unsafe world
I experienced as 'misunderstood anger'
as youngster knowing no better,
perhaps a dissolving has occurred
finally freed from hiding 'observations'
because I trust 'friendly universe'
filled with compassionate human beings,
one, in particular, a woman
who hears, feels what's said,
engages heart to heart communication
absent of unconscious trauma drama,
she holds basket for kachinas
large, small, or in between,
where I can be myself,
genuine, sincerely honest, troubled, magnificent,
letting what's real shape future,
instead of living 'make believe'
within dreams demanding optimal performance
derailed when letting it out.

No comments: