Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick Dip

A festival at San Lorenzo Park. Santa Cruz, California.

Quick Dips
8/3/11

I'm a blessed man these days
to be loved by extraordinary woman
so available to listen microscopic truth,
be compassionate, while supportive with encouragement,
sharing soul space like none before,
there is also friend who cares
following my blog, often checking in
when touched or sensing a downturn,
and he's one of many more
that would be there for me
if crisis hit out of blue,
can't forget blood sisters, brothers, mother,
where if push came to shove
would helpfully do what they could,
including uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews, cousins,
imitating loyal clan members of old,
even acquaintances, school mates, past lovers,
folks influenced by my radio years
who'd shed tear, send up prayers
at hearing my demise, or challenges
around health, misfortune, effecting essential wellbeing,
these thoughts bring me back home,
again remembering amazingly interconnected shared life,
how I'm also there for others
in needy times, giving my gifts
so feeling alone is quick dip.

No comments: