Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Moon Movements

Full moon and beach fires, Seabright Beach, Santa Cruz

Moon Movements
9/9/09

My Scotch, Irish, German blood
rejoices in a gray day
where coolness brings ancient remembering
into brain cells firing synapse
as scent raises the hair
on back of neck, arms,
getting 'kundalini' rush of energy,
smile on face, thrilled heart,
pumping clenched fist into air,
hollering 'Yes!' into foggy mists,
feeling my ancestors behind the veil
standing with me as if
today was battle for freedom,
a great turning in history,
this seasonal shift, a 'rune'
that forebodes a decisive change
for which I must ready
gathering my resources for siege,
one I receive or deliver,
all the while holding countenance
of inner strength, peace, perseverance,
confident I will be victorious
by enduring any physical challenge
while deeply connected to Spirit,
the Guidance, that wizard soothsayers
utilized when foretelling wisdom stories
depicting moon movements and heroes.

No comments: