Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Mom

Dorothy Marie Hayes  when married to Robert Franklin Spitzer

My Mom
9/16/09

It has been 86 years
since Dorothy entered this world
to Leo and Grace Hayes
in Buffalo, New York area,
followed by her brother Patrick,
sharing room until leaving home
when marrying my father Robert,
a most handsome joyous couple,
they soon bore twin boys,
then, after many more tries,
came three more future men
until first girl broke the mold,
paving way for last angel
at ripe age of 42,
I still wonder, in awe,
of how that was possible
thinking of the daily trials
that would test anyone's sanity
and the kind of faith
so necessary to navigate life,
trusting, one step after another,
persevering, as their inevitable choice,
tapping into the deepest well
only Spirit can freely offer
through prayers for protection, guidance,
doing the best they could
my Mom led with love.

1 comment:

anz said...

Beautiful...both your mom and your writing.