Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Self Love

Six months of self love in Scotland, starting in late Aug. 2006
First month touring on this 'pony'. The rest on the Isle of Mull.

Self Love
1/18/10

Can this be key
to unravelling world's problems,
has it been culprit
for all previous woes
because it was unexpressed,
referred to as selfish,
narcism, an unhealthy focus,
which kept mind undeveloped,
unable to engage community,
think outside limited perspective,
I was taught humility,
no bragging, trumpeting success,
or proclaiming my worth
as if a curse
would befall such arrogance,
yet, I've had realizations
that perhaps society's fear
could have been protection,
perhaps ancestrally handed down
wanting me below radar
playing it safe, unremarkable,
saving me disappointed expectations,
in process spirit suffered,
avenues to power closed
while low esteem hindered
my choices in life,
and the world's population,
imagining drudgery and duty
sacrificially performed for others
 really creates self love.

No comments: