Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pragmatism

Western back road on the Isle of Mull, Scotland. High point Ben Mor in distance.

Pragmatism
4/23/10

This is creed when working,
doing carpentry and being creative,
it's a common sense philosophy
which leads towards what's true
for me in given moment
revealing my clear imbedded wisdom
that resonates with Soul direction,
some kind of fluid grace
bringing ease, flow, as indicator
saying I'm on right path,
there's patience and timing involved,
willingness not to be brash,
bold, until all signs point
toward right action, and timing,
so it is with living
after years of stumbling onward
half lit, half cocked, unsure,
but pretending otherwise to peers
who often influenced my decisions,
or society, family, religion, education,
effecting with their slanted perception,
I've come to inherent knowing
of what clicks with me
noticing when something doesn't completely
then coming back to authenticity
my essential relationship with Self
married to pragmatism of Existence.

No comments: