Sunday, March 6, 2011

At Home

Home sweet home.

At Home
3/5/11

Here I can let loose,
turn guitar amp up loud
and sing at top of lungs
recorded by distant Ipod app,
or dance with abandon to music
DJ spins on college radio station,
surprising me and body by energy
that pours out after long work week,
earlier I had thoughts of unwinding
out on town, starting with happy hour,
then checking out local band playing,
clubbing with strangers, finding friends,
instead came back to my place,
unloaded the van, shook out tarps,
rearranged tools, fed the animals,
brought laundry upstairs to put away,
imbibing beer and toke that eased
any desire to leave this abode
where good things catch my attention
not just in evening of expression,
but tomorrow's potential began whispering
of possibilities to enjoy even more
if I didn't choose to stay out late,
spend money beyond tight budget
while distracted by women shaking booties,
much better to 'unleash' myself at home.

No comments: