Thursday, March 3, 2011

Take Advantage

Creating music with Marc Bass and Peter Clark (not pictured) at my 50th birthday bash.

Take Advantage
3/2/11

I'm not a father or mother
who has learned to savor moments
when not in service to family,
career, making ends meet
with endless chores to accomplish,
plus extracurricular activities for kids
where quiet moments for self care are rare,
you'll find me on pendulum's other end
verily spoiled with few real imperatives,
of course, working to provide food, shelter, money,
takes toll on amount of leisure time,
but being single, except for dog, two cats,
gives me plenty of personal freedom,
so much so I fear I'm lazy,
full of ideas, dreams from Aquarian mind,
yet, slow on manifestation of any
as there's no one to answer to, impress,
only myself and the 'judge' inside
who rears ugly head at crucial times
when not satisfied with produced results,
true, stewing in juices is necessary
especially during winter 'kiva' moons introspection
while cycles of aging activate differing values,
yet, in recollecting life experiences
my greatest absorbed joy is when
I take advantage of moment to create.

No comments: