Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Over Humps

Homestead at mountain range pass during winter of 2007.
Isle of Mull, Scotland

Over Humps
3/1/11

Lately, life resembles a mountain,
oddly, of my own making
with a whole 'range' of peaks
off in distant territories to explore,
different from this 'base camp'
of how I've lived before 'now',
stirring feelings of being inexperienced,
inadequate, unprepared to scale heights
that my spirit outrageously dreams of,
thinking to pioneer into the Unknown
demands tools I don't have knowledge of,
but part of me believes I do
or 'should' have what it takes already
somewhere buried inside waiting discovery,
which sparks remembrance of the intangibles
I've come to realize about myself
through past failures and success,
the resilience to get back on 'horse'
after falling out of saddle while galloping,
filing away the lessons learned about balance,
and any number of other qualities
like courage, will, enthusiasm, playful imagination,
even stubbornness, anger, and dissatisfaction,
find place along trust, faith, love, curiosity,
belief in 'soul' that's connected to Source,
combined as 'creativity' to get over humps.

No comments: