Thursday, March 10, 2011

Owning

Less traveled 'trail' taken by motorcycle after returning from visit to Isle of Harris and Lewis.
Isle of Skye, Scotland

Owning
3/9/11

In a world made crazy
by choices, realistic or not,
it can be difficult to settle
upon major trajectory of life,
especially if imagination is strong
able to 'shoe horn' different scenarios
into one's miraculous world of potential
thinking anything is possible,
yet, probable becomes another matter,
instead I must take notice
of my natural tendencies, pace,
what draws me into passionate focus
engaging what elicits skills,
talents, sensibilities so inherent
and pleasured in process of creation
that 'ego desire' slips beneath
the great purpose of 'soul' calling
my life, inhabiting body, mind,
coloring spirit and emotions,
where reading subtle signs,
bold ones, details original trail
on map of personal adventure
which resembles a treasure hunt,
though it's not the physical territory
I must navigate in this 'shared' reality
while owning my unique contributions.

No comments: