Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Risk

Taking photos during a 'car rally' on the Isle of Mull, Scotland

Risk
7/31/09

Can't get away from it
no matter how safe you play,
even telling the truth
has it's own surly dangers
when not often welcomed
making people feel uncomfortable
as they keep theirs hidden,
which in degree, I'm guilty of,
sometimes not fully expressing,
or engaging, in Big Game way,
and last night at softball
nursing sore shoulder, hamstring,
I didn't go full out,
commanding myself to be controlled
without diving for balls,
twisting, turning, for pop ups,
so we lost, partly because
there was 'rational restraint'
at which my core rebels,
though I understand rules,
laws, what's socially acceptable,
yes, even wisdom to live by
that makes perfect sense
in order to extend the time
of being healthy contributor
while able, though railing against it,
thinking to risk is real living.

No comments: