Friday, November 20, 2009

Apologies

700 B.C. 'Dun Beag' (small fort) on Isle of Skye, Scotland
Double stone wall enclosure for sentry,with steps.

Apologies
10/28/09

There is much I've done
that comes up woefully short
for being an honorable demonstration
of a sacred human walking 
with beauty below and above,
in front, behind, plus within,
where now I feel humble,
able to see my shortcomings
or at least partly so,
realizing blindness is still present
which only time will uncover
yet it makes me attentive
more sensitive to others, curious,
as to what I'm missing
when judging from confident place
thinking I know the truth
about people, circumstances, and myself,
it feels good to expose
these aspects I've often defended
so walls of separation fall
and I can profess humanness,
my connection to all beings,
letting the ego slip away
to reveal, beyond spiritual witness,
shared essence with miraculous life
while embodying my unique form
rejoicing in mine and yours
embracing ourselves as brother, sister,
who offer apologies for trespasses.

No comments: