Friday, September 30, 2011

Small Advances

My wee home in distance beyond my neighbor's house and out buildings.

Small Advances
9/29/11

I love where I live,
blessed to be on land
of great beauty and horizons,
lovingly held by strong trees
daily emitting their symbolic wisdom,
plus birds, animals, plants surrounding,
and the potential just waiting
in workshop, writing den, home,
this nest of continuous transformation
adjoined by neighbors, friends, community,
where my eccentricities are accepted,
though, fair enough, rarely understood
as often I don't either,
especially during transitions that test
my mettle when contraction, expansion,
separate skin of old self
from that being newly born
when lethargy opens to emergence
of idea supplying enough energy
to begin simple action toward
doing something constructive for joy,
delivered during process of completion
and at end bringing satisfaction
because movement finally did occur,
turning into momentum after rising
up from where I'd fallen,
making small advances into future.

No comments: