Saturday, October 1, 2011

Join In

Old 'medicine circle' of friends I joined in with from past Ehama Institute days

Join In
9/30/11

How long have I kept distance
not letting friends, acquaintances, get close,
holed up in my little sanctuary
away from loved ones without sharing
beauty of this land, home, myself,
because there's been shame around condition
of how I 'represent' in world,
everything in some sort of process
that from outside could look crazy,
like I often feel on inside
when out of hand risks fail,
coming back here to 'what is'
tail between legs as if beaten
to remember and appreciate my blessings,
what good I add to world,
where my heart dwells amid chaos,
while gaining new perspectives as impetus
for action to break through confinement
I've implemented when fearing disparaging judgment
by others for how I've orchestrated
my life until now, reviewing images,
attitudes, opinions, beliefs, results kept secret,
this critical mind blocking original pathways
toward joy, abundance, love, community inclusion,
thinking it knows best, but doesn't
whenever choosing to not join in.

No comments: