Saturday, October 29, 2011

Enough Already

My writing den with an overhead shelf full of poetry books I've written since 1980.

Enough Already
10/28/11

There are plenty of books
that contain myriad rambling words
about personal process of introspection,
'contemplating my navel' some say,
plus observations directed at world,
relationships, whether good, bad, between
work, spirituality, Existence, friendship, emotions,
really just a glorified diary
to revisit someday for memories,
and it's been great practice
in energetically clearing inner slate
as an early morning ritual
of gifting myself with time
to appreciate life first, foremost,
doing something I truly love
when being creative while writing,
birthing original 'full circle poems'
most days, exercising 'God' nature
bringing ideas into physical manifestation,
this I'll continue until death
though wanting form to change
while accommodating urge for exploration
penning expression of different types,
short stories, 'educational, philosophical, political'
commentary, finishing novel, editing poetry
with aim toward eventual publication
since I have enough already.

No comments: