Saturday, October 8, 2011

Squeeze

A second set of steps completed in the nick of time for 'Open Studios' starting today.

Squeeze
10/7/11

I do this sometimes,
put myself under pressure
by being in denial
about urgency or importance
until 'last minute' inspires
concerted effort toward completion
that supplies needed impetus
via adrenaline to persevere
what I've been procrastinating,
because no joy came
with guiding intuition when
checking in with myself
and trusted body wisdom
until finally realizing I
hadn't focused on completion,
only the tedious doing
which mostly appears unappetizing,
so I've become curious
wondering about underlying pattern
which could be permeating
intimate relationship with love,
money, aspirations around writing,
art, improvement projects, partnership,
expecting an easy unfoldment
as if somehow entitled,
always finding the time
when feeling deadline squeeze.

No comments: