Sunday, October 16, 2011

Companions

'Byron Kitty' and 'Little Wing' dog.

Companions
10/15/11

I'm so very happily blessed
to have amazing animal creatures
sharing wonderful life with me,
'Byron Kitty' kneading my stomach,
'Wing' dog snoring on pillow,
these 'friends' like no others
so unconditionally loving, fully present,
exquisitely beautiful in their 'being-ness',
responsiveness, ways of uninhibited actions
which bring laughter, joy, wonder
about what they're thinking, feeling,
plus awe for unique shape,
embodied form, every perfect hair
precisely colored, placed, a masterpiece
created as one of kind
that fills heart to overflowing,
has me smiling in marvel
for how lucky I am
sharing many wonderful daily moments
whenever tenderness breaks me open,
expressed in touch, kisses, words,
saying how much I cherish
their miraculous existence so tremendous
as teachers, family, loyal confidants,
who ignite my generous spirit
while remembering missed human companions.

No comments: