Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Guardian Angel

One of four 'attribute angels' on walls in Celtic inspired chapel.
Compton, Surrey, England

Guardian Angel
10/9/11

Recently, neighbor couple, old friends,
dropped in unannounced during walk
which was wonderful joyous surprise,
where afterward I received book
as gift, 'The Gentle Way'
penned by 'Tom T. Moore'
introducing 'most benevolent outcome' requests
to be used for everything,
from mundane to urgently important
in life, love, business, health,
anything, like wanting parking space,
so I'm using simple process
that engages my 'guiding companion'
disowned at ten years old
when 'momma's boy' smoked cigarette,
lied, did what was unapproved
by Catholic Church, parents, society,
not wanting 'witness' over shoulder
activating 'conscience' to remind me
about straying from 'high road'
seen as unreachable, unrealistic, joyless,
severely strict, disciplined, innately unexciting,
this began fall from grace
as 'alone' wolf struggling since,
dependent on my paltry humanness,
disconnected, hard, without intentional prayer
for myself, others, this world,
failing to embrace Guardian Angel.


No comments: