Tuesday, March 24, 2009

English garden in  Compton, Surrey, England

Fenced In
3/24/09

I enclosed the garden yesterday
to keep deer out, plants safe,
putting together a makeshift gate
plenty big for wheelbarrow entry
and it's temporary, at least parts,
until I rebuild existing periphery
their wind snapped rotted posts
then a large area will be open
without concern for intrusion,
perhaps like an old English sanctuary
with walls of wood, not stone or brick
which kept all trespassers out,
mine has small places of entry
where a rabbit could do harm
but 'Hammer' the cat is deterrent,
symbolically this is really my mind
readying to sow manifesting thoughts
while the beauty I create enhances
how I feel when greeting the world,
this diverse environment of possibility,
it stands out that I'm alone
doing my private work in preparation
of expansion and inviting friends in
for sharing, celebration, and harvest
though now, my process calls for protection,
being fenced in, guarding my sensory dreams . 

No comments: