Monday, March 16, 2009

North Rim of Grand Canyon, beyond the guardrail, 2008 motorcycle trip

All I Can
3/13/09

Making headway daily,
(if only to grow older)
always seems to bring expanse
some adding onto myself
hopefully that involves knowledge
calling it 'wisdom' would be cool
if only for personal refinement
supporting my own wild world view
when moving through new experiences
plumbing depths of heart
feeling joy, pain, gain, loss
to discover inherent strength
the resilience to try again
with greater understanding of life
able to finally laugh about it
each trespass and failed effort
especially when love was involved
those times I've come up short
thinking there were things missed
that more could have been done,
or at the very least, differently,
for results show me my 'work'
what still needs clear attention,
though not pretty to look at,
while reaping what I've sewn
doing all I can to make changes.

No comments: