Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Train in England with Lake District in background


What Works
3/8/09

Patiently I'm making strides
spurts and sputters have shifted
as a smooth grace prevails
beginning to see things manifest
in accumulated small changes,
and I feel like a locomotive
having found right fuel mix
to propel myself up slippery slopes,
tight turns, those steep grades
that threaten to suck me back
from the sheer weight of dreams,
those I pull behind as boxcars
filled with ideas, possibility, potential,
if for some reason I'd try to stop,
even when tracks showed a fork
I've been able to navigate direction
willing to accept 'what is', now,
being realistic with life's circumstances
listening to Source showing the way
while continuing to live, love, laugh,
find the silver lining in all things
every event that comes as surprise,
contrary to my hopes and prayers
striving onward, a steady 'conductor',
on course to find what works.

No comments: