Saturday, May 2, 2009

Confidence

My Mom, Dottie

Confidence
4/28/09

"It will all work out."
this, the wisdom of my Aunt,
 affectionately named 'June bug',
and I felt safe, warm, encouraged
as my heart opened, expanding
a belief in myself, my dreams
thinking back to life experiences
mine, and hers, together, separate,
seeing how the ground meets us
that even when falling down
there is support from Creation,
my mother 'Dottie' shares her world,
has earned June's title as best friend
being they understand each other so
having watched many changes transpire
Great Depression, World War II, loss of husbands, 
where slings and arrows landed
wounding, never killing their spirits
now carrying the grace of age
handed down through generations
allowing them the long, big view,
witness and steward to real richness
of what matters most through time,
it is connection, friendship, and love
whether with family, in-laws, or strangers,
always moving toward what's good
creating consciousness of confidence along the way.

No comments: