Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Showers

Rain shower, Kintra, Isle of Mull, Scotland

May Showers
5/3/09

Mists of Beltane's past
surround my hidden enclave
refreshing leaves, their color
contrast against gray sky,
the birds are singing
scurry about, scratching, leaping,
playing like little children,
their delight is contagious
breaking into easy smile
I breath moist oxygen,
olfactory sense spurs memories
of Indiana boyhood years
forgotten times when happy,
exhilarated by life's mystery
being somehow in cahoots
with whole outrageous miracle
whose purity raced inside
every cell I was
igniting my enthusiastic core
into heaven, earth, marriage
enthralled to be me
fully embodied and aware
in peak of attention
for that moment, then,
as now, informed by
so much distant happenstance
May showers remind of.

No comments: