Friday, February 19, 2010

Cherish-able Self

My 'pony' during Scotland adventure from Sept. 2006 to Feb. 2007

Cherish-able Self
2/18/10

I smile as I write
thinking finally it is happening,
having come to love myself
for how I show up
as unique vibrant manifested Spirit
within ego called Kevin Spitzer,
who's being drawn toward Life
in myriad ways and interests
after making it through heartache,
hardship, challenge, risk, joy, success,
still able to laugh hardily
at myself and world's debacles,
while deeply appreciating the ride
taken with everyone I know
no matter difficulty of lessons
learned on path to grave,
and this is the crux,
that you, my friends, family,
circled around in transitioning times
when I was stretching, breaking,
struggling to emerge, find Truth
of who I really am,
all the while you whispered
prayers into ether surrounding me
so they entered, awakening soul
asleep to Light 'I AM',
realizing my part in whole
plus responsibility to really embrace,
then share, my cherish-able Self.

No comments: