Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Train To Nowhere

Train in England with Lake Country hills in the background.

Train To Nowhere
2/22/10

Talking with a buddy
about another friend's plight
thinking only by grace
do I go well,
yet there are differences
as he won't budge
from addictions and patterns
that don't affirm life,
unwilling to self actualize
and create new reality
he blames and denies,
cannot get over hump
of ingrained apathetic inertia
cultivated by television mentality,
being a compliant observer
sedated by smoking pot,
cigarettes, an inactive body,
while age creeps relentlessly,
in essence I'm same,
running various mental routines,
growing older, future uncertain,
no guarantee I'll stand
much longer than anyone
because of fickle life,
not knowing accumulative effect
my past experiences generate
though I can influence,
courageously, rails to ride
on train to nowhere.

No comments: