Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Year

In motorcycle rain gear visiting the 'sentinel standing stone' and the Lochbuie 'stone circle'.
Lochbuie, Isle of Mull, Scotland.

Another Year
2/18/11

What have I done with myself
as it's not easy to remember
all that's transpired since last birthday,
but fortunately there is record
in all these books of 'pros-etry',
so I picked up last journal
started in previous April of 2010,
felt pang when reading first entry
'It's Time' stating what I'd begin
conjunct with writing new poetry collection,
seeing how I've been distracted again
from doing what I deem important,
to be fair, I've accomplished some
though not enough for my liking,
certainly time spent otherwise is worthy
while continuing to learn life lessons,
yet, as spoken by dear friend
added to my saying 'I'm crazy.',
she said, 'Yes, crazy and untamed.'
plus other reasons for loving me,
bringing thoughts how I've dampened Self
when trying to fit 'societal sanity'
that I never wanted, or could,
perhaps not meant in this lifetime,
where my strength, passion, drive, simply
arrives when living another year outrageously.

No comments: