Thursday, February 17, 2011

Clean Up

Cleaning up in my outside shower a couple years ago.
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Clean Up
2/16/11

I can be sloppy in life
with relationships and interactions,
loose with my mouth, thoughts,
giving little regard to effect
until something strikes at heart,
awakens me, from ego centered stupor
when Aquarian nature can disregard
what anyone else thinks of me,
yet does, if informed of trespass,
which there have been plenty of,
some shown immediately, others later,
bringing sense of sad failure
from not being more aware, sensitive,
justly fair to family, friends, acquaintances,
again realizing how blind I can be
to the mess created by callous inattention
thinking in the end it doesn't matter,
but in meantime dodging invitations,
responsibility, to be positive influence,
create beauty, leave world better
for my being here at all,
without myriad piles of 'incompleteness',
resources not utilized, dreams undone,
because of procrastination, arrogance, apathy,
finally getting how things can be 'righted'
if I clean up past careless indiscretions.

No comments: