Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fuel

Being 'tempered' and 'powered' by the fires of life.
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Fuel
2/1/11

Emotions like anger and disgust motivate,
bring big energy to change existing circumstance
if aimed at problem, not at oneself,
even though I perpetrated the predicaments,
those unwanted situations that demoralize,
make me question, wonder my intellect,
how thought process got me irritably here
feeling a bind which threatens everything
because there's desire to tear asunder
the apathetic normalcy I've accepted,
this glass house trying to accommodate opposites,
a good little conformist, and disgruntled rebel,
latter being pacified if all goes well,
but when things go badly, unexpectedly so,
due to discerning 'edge' having been softened
which allowed for missed details over long period,
in hindsight judged as lost opportunities to progress,
then the 'Mad Celt' wants to cleave,
wreak havoc on old debilitating structure,
throw out and burn all that kept me asleep,
dull, satisfied with little civilized ideas, comforts,
my routines, philosophy, and world view
giving false sense of controlled satisfaction,
where in ashes, rubble, once known as complacency,
I'd search, discover the powerfully worthy real truth
to fuel rebuilding inexhaustible fiery core.

No comments: