Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Me

Who else? Just me.

Just Me
2/14/11

I've come home to familiar place,
yet virgin, as life lessons find integration
since a mutual letting go of relationship
perfectly dodging Valentine's Day awkwardness,
my thoughts now return to what's wanted
in so many territories that are incomplete,
the plethora of dreams awaiting my energy,
passion, committed focus, and perseverance
which often take backseat to love,
intimacy, and presence partnering asks for
whenever the joy of such finds me,
of course, today it rains, but that's okay,
as this 'Hallmark' event is inward invitation
where I witness what my soul's been up to
at various points in past and present,
realizing again that I'm 'different bird'
than many who happily share living,
whether married, shacking up, dating,
and it's okay, I'm comfortable being freely alone,
not tied intimately to latest heart's desire
while we both go our separate ways
to care for neglected business at hand,
honoring ourselves, the journey of learning
unique to yesterday's circumstances and sensibilities,
then awaking tomorrow to an 'original self',
just me, newly loving who I am now in world.

No comments: