Monday, February 7, 2011

Little Progress

Rare moment of simple relaxation without doing anything at Seabright Beach.
Santa Cruz, California
(photo by Art Durand Photography)

Little Progress
2/6/11

At end of week or day
I'll take stock of efforts,
see if results boost morale
and placate my inner critic
who is perfectionist at heart,
often accused of lacking one
when discernment turns to judgment
wanting strict consistent performance
without much room for pleasure,
thinking there's always more to do
in many of life's territories,
which is true to great extent,
but balance must have it's way
taking time to rest, catch up
with spirit, all my parts
for recharging, then ... anticipate future
feeling into what I want to happen
from relaxed place that's enjoyable
with no need to perform right now,
instead dream of final completions
whose memories and legacy are possible
if I continue with strategic pace,
intention, and direction that produces,
pleases me, plus those I effect,
whether it's two forward, one step back,
a little progress is preferable to none.

No comments: